Even though it is almost May, we still have a little snow here in Utah. I am not a cold person, so I drown my winter sorrows by eating food that reminds me of summer! This recipe comes from Our Best Bites and is one of my family’s favorites! It is perfect to bring to a summer barbecue or eat in your sweat pants dreaming of warm summer days. 🙂
Spinach Mandarin Poppy Seed Salad Recipe
This Spinach Mandarin Poppy Seed Salad Recipe is perfect to bring to a summer barbecue or eat in your sweat pants dreaming of warm summer days.
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- ½ head romaine lettuce chopped
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces bacon 1 package, cooked and crumbled
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges 1 can, drained
Poppy Seed Dressing
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 green onion diced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- When ready to serve, toss salad with desired amount of salad dressing and serve immediately.
- If you anticipate leftovers, dress salads individually to avoid wilting.
Calories: 703 kcal · Carbohydrates: 32 g · Protein: 6 g · Fat: 63 g · Saturated Fat: 30 g · Cholesterol: 51 mg · Sodium: 479 mg · Potassium: 496 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 26 g · Vitamin A: 6576 IU · Vitamin C: 27 mg · Calcium: 144 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Large Bowl