I can honestly say that my favorite dish each Thanksgiving is the sweet potatoes. I could eat only those, and be completely satisfied! I think this new twist on the sweet potato may possibly be my new favorite way to eat them!
If you love sweet potatoes, be sure to check out our Sweet Potato Casserole!
Serves: 5 people
Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
This new twist on the sweet potato may possibly be my new favorite way to eat them!
- 3-5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse each sweet potato, scrub clean (if you plan on eating the skin), pat dry and poke each potato all over with a fork. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until soft.
- While your potatoes are baking, combine melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a small mixing bowl.
- After your potatoes are finished baking, remove them from the oven. Carefully slice open each cooked sweet potato lengthwise. Fill the open gap of each potato with a handful mini marshmallows. Pour some of the butter/sugar mixture on top of each sweet potato. Top with another handful of mini marshmallows.
- Turn your oven to the broiler setting. After it is heated up, place your baking pan with your sweet potatoes in the oven for 30 seconds, or until your marshmallows are golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on them so they don't burn. Sprinkle your potatoes with a dash of cinnamon and serve.
Calories: 178 kcal · Carbohydrates: 38 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 2 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 6 mg · Sodium: 103 mg · Potassium: 462 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 14 g · Vitamin A: 19308 IU · Vitamin C: 3 mg · Calcium: 46 mg · Iron: 1 mg