Sometimes I feel like slow cooker pork recipes all start to taste the same, so I decided to shake it up by adding a little bit of Caribbean flavor to this recipe!
The key to this recipe is using a good Caribbean Jerk seasoning – this is the one that I used and I loved all the flavor that it added.
After the pork slow cooked all day, I topped it off with a fresh salsa. I love salsas that combine sweet and savory flavors and this salsa complimented the pork perfectly!!
You could serve this over cooked rice or quinoa – either is delicious!
If you are looking for lightened up versions of your favorite recipes, be sure to check out our Weekly Healthy Menu Plan where we email you 6 dinners, 2 side dishes, and 1 dessert each week!
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pork and Salsa
5 hr, 45 Prep Time
8 hr, 30 Cook Time
14 hr, 15 Total Time
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 Tablespoons Caribbean Jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pound pork loin roast
- 1 lime (juice squeezed)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Caribbean Jerk seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked rice - optional
- In a small bowl, mix together crushed garlic, Caribbean Jerk seasoning, and salt. Rub mixture evenly on all sides of the roast.
- In a resealable gallon-sized bag, pour in the juice of one lime and orange juice. Mix together, then add the roast to the bag and seal tightly.
- Place the roast in the fridge for 5-8 hours (or overnight), turning occasionally so that the roast is evenly marinated.
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and pour all the contents from the bag into the slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 8-9 hours.
- Remove the roast and gently shred with two forks (the roast should easily fall apart).
- Remove liquid from slow cooker and set aside. Place the shredded pork back into the slow cooker and add 1 cup of the liquid back into the slow cooker; mix with the pork.
- Let pork cook for an additional 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Mix together all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 20-30 minutes to let flavors blend together.
- Serve pork topped with salsa.
- Serve over rice (optional).
Great served with rice or quinoa
Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe adapted from SkinnyTaste