This soup is the perfect recipe for when the weather starts cooling down. Put all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do the work for you.
It has been a long winter for us, so we are pretty excited for summer to come. But this soup will do the trick for our cold weather blues, for now.
It will warm you right up and it tastes absolutely delicious.
What could I serve with this soup?
I love soup, but I also love the side dishes, and bread that we serve with soup. If you need a few ideas of what to serve this soup with, here is what we recommend:
- Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread: We love this bread. It is exactly what it says it is, EASY. It is delicious.
- 30 Minute Dinner Rolls: These rolls are so fast, and practically fail proof. Spread a little butter on them, and get dipping them in your soup.
- Italian Fresh Green Salad: This fresh Italian salad, makes the perfect side dish and is so simple to throw together.
- Sweet Cornbread: Nothing warms the soul better than some soup and corn bread. You will love this home style combination and all the amazing flavor.
Really any bread or soup pairing would be perfect for this recipe. It’s simple, delicious, and they both taste great with a hearty soup, such as this one.
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Frozen broccoli would work with this recipe. We do recommend using fresh, but frozen broccoli is definitely an option.
The frozen broccoli tends to soften and split up, so it doesn’t look or taste as good.
Watch how to make a similar recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
This 3 Cheese Broccoli Soup, is also made in the slow cooker, and is equally as delicious. Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Best Minestrone Soup with Italian Sausage
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Simple Crab Soup
- Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk whole
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- ½ onion diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese whipped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour until thickened.
- Gradually whisk in milk until thick and creamy.
- Place onion, broccoli, garlic, Italian seasoning and cream cheese to slow cooker.
- Add creamy sauce from saucepan and chicken broth; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, mix in cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts completely.
- Serve warm.
- Slow Cooker
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!