Growing up I only liked fish sticks. I didn’t try real fish (or anything that lived in water) until I married my husband. Now I just can’t get enough of it! One of my favorite foods is crab. I saw this recipe and I knew I had to try it!
Skinny Crab Cakes Recipe
One of my favorite foods is crab, and these skinny crab cakes did not disappoint!
- 9 ounces lump crab meat picked free of shells
- ½ cup reduced fat ritz crackers about 13, crushed
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg white beaten
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon low fat mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- ½ lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine crushed crackers, eggs, scallions, pepper, mayo, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well, then fold in crab meat, careful not to over mix so the crab remains in large chunks. Gently shape into patties using a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Bake about 8-10 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
I served them with Chipotle sauce.
Calories: 160 kcal · Carbohydrates: 9 g · Protein: 18 g · Fat: 5 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 91 mg · Sodium: 861 mg · Potassium: 256 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 230 IU · Vitamin C: 11 mg · Calcium: 75 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Large Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
I got this recipe from SkinnyTaste. She truly has delicious recipes! She made these crab cakes and had a Zesty Chipotle Lime Sauce to go with it. You can find the recipe for the sauce Here. Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste
Questions & Reviews
Happy Valley Chow