I hate when I plan on making something and realize I don’t have an ingredient. Sometimes I run to the store and buy it and sometimes I just make it work. Well in this case… I forgot to buy eggs. Then I got to wondering if I could make it without eggs… and I tell you what it not only smelled delicious but it tasted wonderful!
No Egg Banana Bread Bars Recipe
No eggs, no problem! These Banana Bread bars taste amazing!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used about 2 1/2 Bananas)
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening for about 5 minutes (mixture does not get smooth).
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating after each addition - then add chocolate chips if you choose. (the batter will be thick).
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. x 9-in. glass pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 40 minutes or until bread tests done with a toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before eating.
- You can also bake this in bread pans but it will need to cook for 40 to 45 minutes.
Calories: 279 kcal · Carbohydrates: 47 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Sodium: 214 mg · Potassium: 135 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 20 g · Vitamin A: 18 IU · Vitamin C: 2 mg · Calcium: 65 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- Non⅔-stick Cooking Spray