what size pan works best?
For this recipe, we used to recommend using a 9×13 inch baking pan. However, companies now use less cake mix in their mixes. Because of this, it may be a little more tricky to spread the mixture out in the pan, because there is less batter.
You can still use the 9×13 baking dish, but a 9×9 or 8×8 would also work great.
what could i use instead of rolos?
I have found that rolls definitely work best for this recipe, however, if you don’t have any on hand, or can’t find them, you could also use caramel filled Hershey’s kisses, or you could also use Milkyway Caramels, or mini Milkyways.
We definitely recommend and prefer the Rolos, but both of these alternatives would still work great. You could also use pre-wrapped square caramels and chocolate chips as well, but again, Rolos work best.
watch how to make another delicious cake recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Chili’s Molten Lava Cake is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more cake recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Rolo Cake Mix Bars Recipe
- 1 (18 oz) package yellow cake mix (can also use vanilla or white cake mix)
- 1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 40 rolo candies unwrapped and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- With your mixer, beat cake mix (do not make cake mix according to package directions - just the dry mix), evaporated milk and butter until combined. Mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Divide batter in half and press half of the batter onto the bottom of the pan. Bake until set, approximately 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place Rolo candies, caramel-side down on top.
- Drop remaining batter all over on top of Rolos in teaspoon sized amounts. Bake 20-24 minutes longer until top begins to turn golden.
- Cool completely.
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews
He was right! YUMMY!!