Oh January – the month of realizing I ate way too much junk food during the holidays and now I have to pay for it. 🙂
But seriously, it was all totally worth it!
We don’t have very many vegetarian dishes on our blog, especially from me. My husband is definitely a “meat-and-potatoes” kind of guy. So, when I made these for dinner, I also whipped up a batch of this slow cooker shredded chicken and let my husband put it on his tacos with the vegetables (side note- I make that chicken all the time and freeze batches of it in the freezer. Then when I need dinner in a hurry, I pull a batch out, thaw it, and put it in tacos or enchiladas).
I have a hard time eating vegetables raw, but these vegetables are definitely addicting! They are flavorful and delicious.
ROASTED VEGETABLE TACOS RECIPE
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini squash
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 8 corn tortilla taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice all the vegetables and place on the foil in a single layer.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and then sprinkle the taco seasoning on top.
- Give the vegetables a quick mix until they are evenly coated with the oil and seasoning.
- Bake the vegetables uncovered for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once about half way through.
- Spoon vegetables into taco shells and top with cheddar cheese and any other taco toppings you prefer (sour cream, salsa, guacamole, olives, lettuce, etc).