I love fresh green beans. We are currently renting a home while we wait to move into our first home! I can’t wait to finally have a big enough yard that I can plant a garden and have more green beans than I know what to do with! Actually, I know exactly what I would do with all those green beans…I would make some more green bean fries! 🙂
I was a little hesitant to fry green beans, but they were absolutely divine!
Green Bean Fries Recipe
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound fresh green trimmed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper to taste
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Heat a few cups of vegetable oil in a deep pot or fryer over medium-high heat.
- Pour chicken broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove beans from broth with a slotted spoon and set in a bowl of cold water.
- After beans are cooled down, pat dry with a paper towel.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine flour, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Dip the beans into the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture and place in hot oil, a few beans at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ranch dressing or other dipping sauces.
- deep pot
- Slotted Spoon
- 2 shallow dishes or bowls