What other fruit could I make this with?
For this particular recipe, we used strawberries, and strawberry cream cheese. However, there are a lot of combinations you could make, using this recipe. Here are a few that we recommend:
-Honey Walnut Cream Cheese and Bananas
-Plain Cream Cheese and Chocolate Chips
-Raspberry Cream Cheese and Raspberries
-Plain Cream Cheese and Cinnamon and Sugar
-Blueberry Cream Cheese and Blueberries
-Plain Cream Cheese and Peaches
Really you could use any cream cheese and fruit that you want for this recipe, but those are the alternatives we have tried and recommend.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite French toast recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Pecan French Toast Recipe, here:
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Breakfast Tostadas
- Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Honey Breakfast Bowl
- Blueberry Croissant Breakfast Bake
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins
Puffy Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf Texas Style Bread or thick bread
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Strawberry Cream Cheese spread
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar optional
- Mix together the milk and pancake mix until smooth. Add eggs, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and sprinkle as much cinnamon in the mixture as you would like. Set mixture aside.
- Take two pieces of bread and thickly spread one piece of bread with cream cheese. Put other piece on top (basically making a cream cheese sandwich).
- Dip your "cream cheese sandwich" into the egg/milk/pancake mix. Flip over so that both sides are evenly coated.
- Place on a griddle that is preheated to about 375 degrees. Cook for 3-8 minutes on each side (depending on how brown you like your French toast).
- Top with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar (or maple syrup is good too!).
- Makes about 6-8 thick "sandwiches".
- Mixing Bowl
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!