Here in Texas, everyone takes their Tex-Mex VERY seriously! Don’t worry, this Tex-Mex Fiesta Bake will have everyone coming back for more! This recipe can also double as an appetizer or a main dish! Our kids gobbled up this fun fiesta dip in no time at all! From start to finish is less than 30 minutes!
Tex-Mex Fiesta Bake Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion chopped
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 4 ounces green chiles chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 ¼ cups taco sauce red, divided
- 6 ounces black olives sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ½ green bell pepper chopped
- 13 ounces tortilla chips
- Brown hamburger with chopped onion.. Drain fat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1/2 cup of red taco sauce into the hamburger mixture.
- Spread refried beans in bottom of 9 x 13 pan and then top with hamburger mixture.
- Sprinkle with green chiles, both cheeses and 3/4 cup taco sauce. Bake for 20 minutes in 400 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sour cream, black olives and chopped bell peppers.
- Serve with tortilla chips around the edges of the baking dish. And use rest of the chips for dipping.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan