My husband and I love lasagna. My kids love it too, once I cut of all their lasagna because the noodles are too hard to cut. But… then the cheese falls off and there are usually tantrums. So I decided I wanted to make lasagna a little more kid friendly. So I used elbow noodles in place of the regular ones! They loved it and it tastes amazing!
Looking for another great casserole, try our Beef and Noodle Casserole!
Lasagna Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 zucchini cubed
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Italian Seasoning to taste
- Garlic Seasoning to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles for 8-10 minutes, drain, and rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with 1/3 of the noodles. Then add 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and top that with 1 cup of spinach and 1 cup of zucchini. Add another 1/3 of the sauce and Repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle on a little more Italian seasoning, to taste.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan