Growing up we didn’t have a lot of fish (because some sisters didn’t like it….I’m not going to mention any names…..)
After I married my husband, he introduced me to all kinds of fish. At first cooking fish was very intimidating to me. Now I love experimenting with it to see what I can come up with. Here is one of our favorites!
Honey Pineapple Broiled Salmon Recipe
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 21 ounces pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillets
- Preheat your oven to Broil
- Bring the pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and honey to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in the sugar, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 15 minutes. Set the sauce aside.
- Season the salmon with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper. Place the fillets on a foil lined cookie sheet. Spoon a small amount of the sauce over the salmon fillets and place the pineapple chunks all around the fish. cook until the fish turns opaque in the center, (about 5 to 8 minutes) Serve with the remaining sauce and cooked pineapple.
- Baking Sheet