I found this sandwich on a blog called Tried and Tasty Recipes, it was delicious. We were craving something simple and fresh and these were perfect. Definitely a keeper.
I am always on the lookout for new grilling recipes, because I personally believe that if it is grilled, it tastes better.
This Grilled Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Sandwich is simple, delicious, and full of amazing flavor.
I also like to grill up a few extra pineapple pieces because they are so yummy and have the best flavor to them. I could honestly eat grilled pineapple for dessert, for the rest of my life, an never complain. It is so yummy, and pairs perfectly with this sandwich.
What could I serve with this recipe?
Side dishes are the most tricky part of dinner to me. I am always exhausted after making the main dish, and now they want side dishes? However, we have a few simple dishes that would pair perfectly with this Asain dish.
Here are a few we recommend:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Baked Avocado Egg Rolls
- Baked Veggie Egg Rolls
- Ramen Noodle Oriental Salad
- Baked Crab Ragoons
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- 5 Cup Creamy Fruit Salad
- Island Fruit Salad
- Grilled Caramelized Brown Sugar Pineapple
- The Best Homemade Pasta Salad
You could of course, pair your barbecued chicken with any of your favorite bbq side dishes. I love to pair mine with chips, sodas, pot luck salads, baked beans, green salads, and other delicious bbq foods.
It is a delicious chicken that will pair nicely with just about anything.
Make it into a wrap:
We are all about saving calories and eating healthy. When we make these sandwiches, we usually serve them on whole wheat buns. We also like to put all the ingredients into a whole wheat tortilla.
You could also skip the bread entirely and just eat it as is. However, carbs are not bad. They give you energy, and it’s good to eat them every once in a while. So enjoy the sandwich, with the bun.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
Looking for more Asian main dishes?
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Sandwich Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 pineapple slices
- 4 whole wheat buns
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- Combine the chicken and enough teriyaki sauce to cover in a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (you can marinate for up to 8 hours).
- Heat a grill until hot (you should not be able to hold your hand above the grates for more than 5 seconds).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill; discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side; flip and immediately add the cheese to each breast.
- Continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the chicken is lightly charred and firm to the touch. Remove and set aside.
- While the chicken rests, add the pineapple and buns to the grill. Cook the buns until they’re lightly toasted and the pineapple until it’s soft and caramelized, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top each bun with chicken, red onion, jalapeno slices, and pineapple. If desired, drizzle the chicken with a bit more teriyaki sauce.
Check out our new cookbook:
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!