We are always looking for fun cookie recipes. By adding the cake mix, these cookies turn out so soft and chewy. The whole family went crazy over these cookies. We loved the fudgy center and all of the mini chocolate chips! Enjoy!!
be sure to try these easy brownie mix cookies. They are so easy to make and a delicious fudgy taste!
FUDGY CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE MIX COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (18.25 or 19.75 ounce box)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons water divided
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and 2 tablespoons of water in a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a spoon until thoroughly blended.
- Then add chocolate chips.
- Take 2/3 cup of batter out of the bowl and put into another bowl. Add the chocolate packet from the cake mix and remaining tablespoon of water. Mix well with spoon.
- Drop vanilla batter by a rounded teaspoon onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press thumb gently into the center of each cookie.
- Drop rounded half teaspoons of chocolate batter into each thumbprint.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and remove from cookie sheet.
Recipe adapted from Hershey’s