We grew up eating pizza every Friday night, and it’s been so fun to continue that tradition with our own family.
Making pizza at home can be a little intimidating, but we have a few secrets and ideas to keep it simple and delicious.
Whether it’s Friday night, or the middle of the week, pizza night just got a lot tastier!
Flatbread Pizza Shortcut
If you’ve followed us for a while, you know we love taking shortcuts. Using flatbread as pizza crust is one of our favorite shortcuts.
Here are a few other pizza combinations we like to make on our flatbreads:
- Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, olives and mushrooms.
- Marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, Canadian bacon, pineapple
- BBQ Sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, shredded chicken, red onions, cilantro
- Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, Shredded chicken, bacon, chives, diced tomatoes
How to Make Pesto Pizza in 15 Minutes
Dinner ready from start to finish in 15 minutes! Here’s how we did it:
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the flatbread on a large baking sheet.
- Spread the pesto sauce on each one.
- Next, add your cheese and as many tomatoes as you like along with small pieces of deli turkey. Add a few basil leaves on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cheese melts and basil leaves are wilted.
HOMEMADE PESTO SAUCE
We know not everyone loves pre-made pesto sauce, so using your own is totally fine. Here’s our favorite recipe for homemade pesto sauce:
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic, and cheese. Pour in oil slowly while still mixing. Stir in salt and pepper.
EASY PESTO SAUCE RECIPES
We couldn’t get enough pesto sauce after trying this recipe, and we’re pretty sure you’ll feel the same way. Here are a few of our favorite pesto recipes, using both homemade and pre-made pesto sauce.
Speaking of copycat recipes . . .
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
In this video we’re making our favorite Noodles and Company Pesto Cavatappi Copycat!