!On crazy days, my favorite thing is to throw dinner in the crock pot that morning and have it waiting for me when I get home. This recipe was so incredibly simple and took only seconds to put together. If you need to feed a crowd, this is a great recipe to make!
Slow Cooker Au Jus Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 (3-5 pound) beef chuck roast or rump roast
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (1 ounce) packages envelopes dry onion soup mix (or homemade onion soup mix )
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 hamburger buns or rolls
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in crock pot, pour beef broth on top, and sprinkle onion soup mix, oregano, and garlic on top of roast. Place lid on crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-5 hours on high (although I prefer the low and slow method).
- Shred meat with two forks and spoon meat on top of buns. Pour leftover juice in the bottom of the crock pot into small bowls to use as an Au jus dip.
- Slow Cooker