We love the crisp cool air of fall and the great recipes that come with it! These chocolate cake pumpkins are so fun to make with the kids. They will love frosting and decorating their own little pumpkin!
Fall Chocolate Pumpkin Cakes Recipe
These Fall Chocolate Pumpkin Cakes are so cute for Halloween or Thanksgiving!
- 15.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 drops orange food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2, six cupcake mini-fluted Bundt pans generously (or use a regular cupcake tin)
- Mix chocolate cake ingredients together, stirring chocolate chips in last. Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling each cake halfway.
- Bake for 17 minutes and let cool for about 5 minutes in the pan. If you use a cupcake tin, reduce cooking time to 14 minutes. Invert onto a cooling rack or wax paper and let cool completely.
- Mix together above ingredients until smooth. If frosting is too thick, add a little more milk. If it's not thick enough, add more powdered sugar.
- After they have cooled, slice off the domed end so it is flat. Frost one mini cake on the flat side and put another mini cake on top. Frost the entire pumpkin cake or just the top and let the frosting drip down. Decorate with fun sprinkles and sugars. Makes about 16 small bundt cakes which equals 8 pumpkins (Each pumpkin takes 2 mini cakes).
- For the stem you can use tootsie rolls, airheads, small candy bars, or big pretzel sticks.
- The cake is moist and delicious, it's one of our favorite cake recipes! Enjoy and Happy Fall!
Calories: 640 kcal · Carbohydrates: 97 g · Protein: 5 g · Fat: 28 g · Saturated Fat: 15 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 72 mg · Sodium: 765 mg · Potassium: 237 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 74 g · Vitamin A: 422 IU · Calcium: 98 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- Mini Fluted Bundt Pans
(Recipe adapted from Family Circle Magazine)
Questions & Reviews
I've featured your Chocolate Pumpkin Cakes in a Halloween Sweet Treats Round-Up. You can find the post here: http://beanbugcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/10/15-halloween-tasty-sweet-treats.html
Thanks for sharing!
Kim @ Too Much Time
Bento Blog Network
Your project is featured this week :)
Hope you will stop by and join us today with another great project !!
Have a lovely weekend