My husband and I were recently on vacation and ate dinner at a local Italian restaurant. I ordered gnocchi with a hearty meat sauce and seriously ate the whole entire platter of it within minutes. It was amazing! That’s pretty much when my love affair with gnocchi began. Haha!
This gnocchi casserole is my go to dinner when I don’t have a lot of time but still want to feed my family something delicious!
Easy Gnocchi Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- 26 ounce pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown Italian sausage in a skillet over medium heat and drain excess grease.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, remove from heat and drain.
- Combine sausage, gnocchi, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in gnocchi mixture. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan