My husband and I are trying to lose weight and eat healthier. The thing that I miss the most is going out to eat. These tacos taste just like they came from a restaurant and are so easy to make!
Crunchy Black Bean Taco Recipe
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, chopped red onion, cumin, paprika and chopped cilantro. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla at a time on the hot skillet and add about 1/4 cup of bean filling to one half of the tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Use a spatula to carefully fold the tortilla over so it forms a shell. Press down lightly on the tortilla with the spatula so it holds its shape.
- Cook each taco for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with avocado, salsa, sour cream or any toppings you prefer.
Six Sisters Stuff
=(Recipe adapted from Cornerstone Cooking)