CRUNCHY BLACK BEAN TACO RECIPE
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, chopped red onion, cumin, paprika and chopped cilantro.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one tortilla at a time on the hot skillet and add about 1/4 cup of bean filling to one half of the tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
- Use a spatula to carefully fold the tortilla over so it forms a shell. Press down lightly on the tortilla with the spatula so it holds its shape.
- Cook each taco for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with avocado, salsa, sour cream or any toppings you prefer.
(Recipe adapted from Cornerstone Cooking)
This post was included in our Cheap $5 dinners post! For more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!