I love cookies – but I think everything tastes better covered in frosting. I think we all inherited that from our mom.
These chocolate chip cookie cupcakes taste like your favorite classic dessert, with a nice dollop of chocolate frosting right on top. It’s like a dream come true.
I have a deep passion for chocolate chip cookies, but also an undying love for cupcakes. With this recipe, you get the best of both worlds. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes are out of this world, delicious.
They are also extremely easy recipe to make, and everyone will be raving about them.
could i use cake mix instead of making my own?
For this recipe, we made our own cake bottom, because it’s a little unique and more moist than most other cupcakes.
However, you could easily just make your favorite cake flavor as the cupcake base, then continue to follow the recipe with the frosting.
We highly recommend making your own, because this cake base is so easy, and also especially delicious. But you could also substitute it for a cake mix. We recommend following the instructions on the box for how to make a cake, then dividing the mixture into the tins.
could i replace the sour cream with greek yogurt?
I am all about healthy replacements. I usually don’t buy sour cream anymore, because we use plain Greek yogurt on just about everything these days, as a healthier alternative.
We recommend using sour cream for this recipe though, because of the fat content. Plain Greek yogurt is often fat free, so it cookies a little differently.
You could use it, but we wouldn’t recommend it. It will make the cupcakes a little bit of a weird texture, because it cooks differently. Sour cream works best for this recipe.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Looking for more cupcake recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- S’more Cupcakes
- Butterfinger Cupcakes
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- Snickers Cupcakes
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 17.5 ounces chocolate chip cookie mix 1 package
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream (or whole milk)
- 15 mini chips ahoy cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the cookie mix and stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full, then bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- Cream the butter in a medium bowl (whip on high for 2-4 minutes).
- Blend in the cocoa powder, and vanilla then slowly add powdered sugar, alternately with the cream.
- Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved (you can add more or less powdered sugar depending on how thick you want your frosting).
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
- Top with a mini Chips Ahoy cookie.
- We recommend using sour cream for this recipe though, because of the fat content. Plain Greek yogurt is often fat free, so it cookies a little differently.
- You could use it, but we wouldn’t recommend it. It will make the cupcakes a little bit of a weird texture, because it cooks differently. Sour cream works best for this recipe.
- Muffin Liners
- Muffin Tin
- Large Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!