One of our very first posts was our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies. Whenever there was a new family in our neighborhood, a birthday, a party, or get-together of any kind, these brownies were always requested. They’ve made quite a bit of money in service auctions, too! 😉 I went to go make them the other night when I realized I was out of cocoa! I had all the ingredients to make blondies, so I decided to make a new spin on the classic recipe. I took them to a family party that night, and they were a HUGE hit!
Marshmallow Blondies Recipe
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup peanut butter chips (or you can use butterscotch, milk chocolate, or white chocolate)
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butter (or margarine) softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add in the egg, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour and peanut butter chips.
- Pour into a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cover entire top with package of miniature marshmallows. Return to oven for 3 minutes, until marshmallows are soft and puffy.
- Cool and frost with vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth. Add more powdered sugar or milk until you reach desired consistency and spread on top of blondies.