It is officially tailgate season!!! I love throwing the before party even more than I like watching the big game! We live right next to Ball State University in Indiana so we threw a big tailgate for the neighbors in celebration for the Cardinal’s football game!
Everyone brought a side dish or a dessert and we partied before the game began.
The best part of the party was the sliders! I put my husband to work on our Charcoal grill. We love the taste of beef when it is cooked with good Kingsford charcoal!
I get pretty serious when it comes to cooking meat (especially for other people.) This beef recipe has been in the family for years. The meat always turns out moist and full of flavor. My other favorite part of these beef sliders are the onions. Usually caramelized onions take some work, but when you cook them in the slow cooker, you can throw them in and forget about them until you are ready to party!
Below is the recipe for these delicious sliders!
Caramelized Onion Beef Sliders Recipe
- 5 onions
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 12 slider buns toasted
- 4 tomatoes sliced
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Place sliced onions in slow cooker with 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir to coat them.
- Cook them in slow cooker on low for about 10 hours or high or 6 to 8 hours on high.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil and garlic salt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Split your beef mixture into equal sized balls. Shape each one into a 1/4-inch thick patty.
- If using charcoal, let your briquettes heat for about 30 minutes before you start cooking on them. When they are mostly white, they are ready for you to start cooking.
- Place your burgers on your grill and cook them until they are cooked all the way through. Don't forget to carefully flip them about 1/2 way through.
- For the condiments, place mayonnaise and blue cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread blue cheese mixture evenly on bottom halves and top halves of the bun.
- Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Top patties with tomato slices, lettuce and caramelized onion; cover with bun tops.
- Mixing Bowl
Questions & Reviews