I went to the Farmer’s Market this week and picked up fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. When I got home I was thinking of everything I could make with those ingredients! I came up these Caprese Crescents and they tasted DELICIOUS! Don’t forget to dip them in the Balsamic Vinaigrette Dipping Sauce- It really just made all the flavors pop!
Caprese Crescents with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- 1 large tomato cut in half and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 slices skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes, and cheese.
- Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles.
- Place one slice of cheese on the wide end of each crescent roll.
- Put the tomato, and basil on top of the cheese then roll it up.Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Mix the oil, honey, vinegar, and Dijon mustard all together. Then dip the warm crescents into the vinaigrette.