It is almost May and when I woke up this morning to go running it was 29 degrees outside. I don’t know about you… but I am DONE with this cold!
Last week I decided that if I cook food that reminds me of summer maybe it will make me feel better about the high only being 49 degrees. Pasta salads always remind me of BBQs. I can’t wait until we can eat dinner outside again!
related article: if you love this BLT pasta salad, Then you’ll want to try our Loaded Broccoli Salad! so easy and delicious!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces mini bow-tie pasta
- 1 pound bacon strips (I used turkey bacon)
- 1 pint plum tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup fat free Italian dressing
- 6 ounces black olives 1 can, sliced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water to al dente, then drain. Rinse with cold water, put noodles in a large bowl, then stick it in the refrigerator.
- Cut the bacon into bite size pieces and cook in a large skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Take noodles out of the refrigerator and add the Italian dressing, bacon, tomatoes, onions, olives and Parmesan. Stick in the Refrigerator until ready to serve. Add the lettuce right before serving. For a stronger taste, let it sit overnight.
- large pot
- Large Bowl
- Large Skillet
(Recipe adapted from Big Sis Little Sis)