I love Chicken Parmesan but when I saw the twist with avocado, I had to try it. We had friends over when I made this…I always get nervous trying new recipes on other people other than my family but it turned out great and they loved it!
Serves: 6 people
Avocado Chicken Parmesan Recipe
I love Chicken Parmesan and the twist with avocado takes this recipe over the top!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (halved lengthwise)
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3 avocados sliced
- ¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl and and melted butter in a bowl.
- Dip your thawed chicken in your melted butter and then into the breadcrumbs- cover the whole chicken with breadcrumbs
- Place the breadcrumb chickens on a baking tray that is lined with foil and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and on each chicken breast spread 1 heaping Tablespoon of pasta sauce.
- Arrange avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle with decent amount of Mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and chicken is cooked through.
This is also good served over cooked pasta.
Calories: 520 kcal · Carbohydrates: 37 g · Protein: 23 g · Fat: 33 g · Saturated Fat: 12 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 77 mg · Sodium: 738 mg · Potassium: 916 mg · Fiber: 9 g · Sugar: 5 g · Vitamin A: 785 IU · Vitamin C: 14 mg · Calcium: 160 mg · Iron: 3 mg
(Adapted from Cuisine Paradise)