I am not a seafood lover… or eater for that matter. I never liked seafood whatsoever until my husband and I moved to San Francisco. We were walking on the pier one day and decided to have dinner at Bubba Gump’s. I usually would have ran in the other direction of a seafood restaurant, but I was starving, so I gave in. With not a whole lot on the menu but fish, I decided to try a shrimp sampler. Oh. My. Goodness. It was amazing! Sure, half of the shrimp was covered in coconut and deep fried, but it was a start!
I have occasionally had shrimp here and there since we returned to Utah and finally decided to venture out in the world of seafood. I thought that I would be able to eat salmon if it were smothered in a delicious sauce, and this glazed salmon did the trick! Who knows? Maybe I am finally maturing! This salmon is definitely worth trying!
Asian Glazed Salmon Recipe
I thought that I would be able to eat salmon if it were smothered in a delicious sauce, and this glazed salmon did the trick! This salmon is definitely worth trying!
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons ginger peeled and grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 24 ounces boneless skinless salmon fillets
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat until sauce thickens (between 5-10 minutes). Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Place salmon in a foil lined baking dish. Baste with glaze and broil for 4 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the oven, turn over, baste with glaze and return to the oven to broil for 4 more minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and glaze one more time before serving.
Calories: 432 kcal · Carbohydrates: 47 g · Protein: 35 g · Fat: 11 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Cholesterol: 94 mg · Sodium: 929 mg · Potassium: 961 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 43 g · Vitamin A: 145 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 63 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Medium Saucepan
- Aluminum Foil
- Baking Dish
(Recipe adapted from Food.com)