Last week I had the opportunity to meet Lizzy from Your Cup of Cake. She is such a sweet person and she can COOK!!!! She truly is amazing. She came out with a cute cupcake cookbook the same time we came out with ours. It is called Your Cup of Cake and you can find it at here. This recipe is from her website and it got a 10 at a family BBQ. My sisters are still talking about the Almond Joy Cupcakes from Your Cup of Cake! They are the best cupcakes I have ever made.
Almond Joy Cupcakes Recipe
- 15 ounces chocolate cake mix 1 box
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 1 instant chocolate pudding mix small package
- 1 cup skim milk
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups melted chocolate chips
- sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, milk, and sour cream together with a whisk.
- Sift together the cake mix and pudding mix and stir into the the bowl.
- Spoon the batter into the the cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the coconut and vanilla and mix again. Add powdered sugar until you reach a thick consistency. Spread a good dab of cream cheese filling on top of the chocolate cupcake. Try and keep the filling in the center of the cupcake and make it as smooth as you can get it on top. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt and stir until smooth. Dip cupcakes into chocolate and then sprinkle almonds on top before the chocolate dries.
- Large Bowl
- Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Baking Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
(Adapted from Your Cup of Cake)