I never knew how difficult it would be to go on dates with my husband once we had a kid! We are lucky to get in a date every month or two! We decided that we would try to have a date night at least twice a month. Since it can be hard to find a sitter, I decided to compile a list of dates you can plan and do at home as well as out on the town, without breaking the bank!
We’ve done a lot of these dates and have had a blast! I’m sure you will too!
7. Go rollerblading (if the weather is bad, try an indoor skating rink). We found ours at a thrift store for just a few bucks!
9. Go to a thrift store. Each person gets $5 to spend! See who ends up with the best item(s)!
10. Have a picnic. If the weather doesn’t permit, lay out a blanket on the floor and eat in the living room!
16. Make ice cream sundaes. Head to the store and buy some vanilla ice cream and your favorite toppings. Relax and enjoy your tasty treat!
22. Go for a swim. Head to a local pool and relax in the pool and hot tub!
26. Take a free factory tour. You would be surprised what factories are around you! We toured a cheese factory and had free samples at the end!
29. Have a movie marathon. We were able to get the Back to the Future Trilogy and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy for less than 10 dollars each online (both my husband’s choosing)! You might want to have some of our Snickers Popcorn to munch on!
30. Wii Game Night at home (or any other gaming system). Grab some food and drinks and stay in for the night playing your favorite games! Make some wagers on any sports you might be playing. We occasionally have a cute, little third wheel on our dates. 🙂
37. Restaurant hop. Go to a different restaurant for each course of the meal. Make three stops for an appetizer, main course and dessert. Take turns picking where to go!
44. Breakin’ records. Read through the Guinness Book of World Records together, and find something the two of you could potentially achieve as a couple and then do it together as a cheap date.
45. Visit a bakery. Go to a local bakery and pick out a treat for each other.