1. What was the best part of your day?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. If you could be a famous person for a week, who would you be and why?
4. If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?
5. If you had one wish (and you can’t wish for more wishes), what would you wish for and why?
6. If you could eat just one food everyday for a month and nothing else, what would it be?
7. What is your biggest fear?
8. What is one way you helped another person today?
9. If you could trade places with your parents for a day, what would you do differently?
10. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?
11. If you could pick your own name, what would it be?
12. If you could be animal, what would you be and why?
13. Which character in a book best describes you and why?
14. If you could see your future, where will you be in ten years?
15. If you could be a famous person for a week, who would you be and why?
16. If you could have any pet, what would you choose and why?
17. What is your favorite childhood memory?
18. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
19. What are the qualities that make you a good friend?
20. What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?
21. What is your favorite movie and why?
22. What is your favorite family tradition?
23. What is your favorite sport to play?
24. If you could play any instrument, what would it be and why?
25. What is your favorite holiday and why?
26. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
27. What is your favorite book and why?
28. What has been the happiest day of your life so far and why?
29. What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
30. Where would you like to go on our next family vacation?
31. What is one thing you could have done better today?
32. Who is one person in your life you are thankful for and why?
33. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
34. What is your earliest memory?
35. What is your most embarrassing moment?
36. What is your least favorite chore?
37. If you could only eat three foods the rest of your life, what would they be?
38. If you could have dinner with anyone (past or present), who would it be and why?
39. If you could stay up all night, what would you do?
40. What is the most beautiful place you have ever seen?
41. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
42. Who is your best friend and why?
43. If you had to live in another country, which one would you choose?
44. What is your greatest talent or ability?
45. What two items would you grab if your house was on fire?
46. If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
47. What is something you want to learn how to do and why?
48. What would you do if you were a king or a queen?
49. If you were invisible for a day, what would you want to observe?
50. If you had the attention of the world for just 10 seconds, what would you say?
These would be perfect to cut into strips, place in a jar and pull one out at each meal you are eating together as a family. You could easily cover more than one topic each meal.
We would love to hear any conversation starters or questions you ask around your dinner table!