Our family loved this creamy Turkey a la King. We served it over pasta, but it would be delicious over rice, biscuits, or pastry puffs. It’s a great way to get in your daily veggie servings!
Turkey a la King Recipe
An easy and delicious dinner on one of those busy nights! The family will love this over noodles!
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 10.75 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1½ cups cooked turkey breast shredded,(or chicken)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ Tablespoon onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup half and half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Stir the cream of chicken soup and can of water together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms and carrots. Cook until carrots are tender and mushrooms are cooked through - about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in turkey, onion powder, onion flakes, salt, pepper, bay leaf and chicken stock. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup mixture over the turkey mixture in the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add in the half and half, parsley, and frozen peas. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to reduce sauce and heat the peas through. Remove bay leaf and stir in butter just before serving.
- Serve over pasta, rice, biscuits, or pastry puffs.
Calories: 223 kcal · Carbohydrates: 14 g · Protein: 20 g · Fat: 10 g · Saturated Fat: 5 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 54 mg · Sodium: 913 mg · Potassium: 537 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 4539 IU · Vitamin C: 16 mg · Calcium: 55 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan
- large pot
Questions & Reviews