I have a really bad sweet tooth. I am pretty sure it’s incurable!
When I was in high school, my friends and I would buy a pint or two of our favorite treat every weekend – Mango Sorbet. It was gone within minutes, and it always left me craving more! There’s just something about that delicious sweetness that I can’t get enough of. For example, I would be lying if I said I couldn’t down a whole bag of Starbursts in a few days. I just love fruity treats – I crave them all the time! My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier, so that means I won’t be eating an entire bag of Starbursts or pints of Mango Sorbet anytime soon (sorry, Haagen Dazs!). I came across this recipe while searching for something to curb my cravings, and it was a home run! It was so good, and pretty similar to the sorbet I love so much! If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’re sure to love this one!
Mango Sorbet Recipe
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 ounces frozen mango pieces 1 bag
- 1½ Tablespoons lime juice
- In a sauce pan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a blender or food processor, combine mangoes and lime juice until they are roughly chopped. Slowly add in the sugar and water mixture until completely combined.
- If you want a thicker sorbet, you add less sugar mixture or throw it in the freezer for a few hours. Enjoy!
- Food processor/blender
Questions & Reviews