After having a baby, I feel a little depressed after thinking about getting back in shape. You may have realized by now that our famiy loves dessert. Trust me, we have tried to go without, but it just makes life so unbearable! Rather than giving dessert up completely, I decided to try a dessert I don’t have to feel as guilty about. Even my husband devoured these cupcakes!
Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box Pillsbury funfetti cake mix (just the powder, not the recipe on the box)
- 12 ounces sprite zero
- 8 ounces Fat Free Cool Whip
- 1.5 ounces fat free vanilla instant pudding mix (just the powder, not the recipe on the box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and Sprite together. Continue to mix until the batter is smooth without any lumps. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter into every cupcake wrapper. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl, add Cool Whip and pudding. Mix with a whisk by hand or an electric hand mixer until smooth. Spread over cooled cupcakes. Makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.
- You can use any other cake mix flavors! If you are making cupcakes with a dark cake mix, use a dark diet soda such as Diet Coke. If you are making light cake mix, use a light colored diet soda. I have tried Devil's Food Cake mix with Diet Coke and it was so good!
- Cupcake Liners
- cupcake tin
- Medium Mixing Bowl (2)