We have been watching a lot of Christmas movies around our house and my kids don’t like to watch movies without popcorn! My wonderful husband actually made this recipe and it doesn’t disappoint. 😉 It is the perfect combination of salty and sweet!
Related recipe: love a good caramel popcorn? Try our mom’s classic recipe.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 1 cup popcorn kernels unpopped
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pop popcorn and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a saucepan combine salt, butter, brown sugar. Continue stirring until it comes to a full boil and whisk continually for 5-10 minutes, until mixture hits soft-ball stage (put a few drops in a glass of icy water until the drops form a soft ball).
- Remove mixture from heat and mix in vanilla extract and baking soda. Continue stirring as the mixture goes puffy.
- Drizzle caramel over popcorn and lightly stir until evenly coated.
- Let cool before serving.
- Large Mixing Bowl