I love trying all kinds of pizza. I don’t think I’ve ever met a pizza I didn’t like! This was so delicious and is so much cheaper than going out and ordering a gourmet pizza at a restaurant.
Roasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
I don’t think I’ve ever met a pizza I didn’t like! This was so delicious and is so much cheaper than going out and ordering a gourmet pizza at a restaurant.
Perfect Pizza Crust
- ½ cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast 1 envelope
- 1¼ cup water at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- olive oil or non stick cooking spray, for greasing bowl
Roasted Garlic Chicken Pesto Pizza
- 1 perfect pizza crust recipe above
- ½ cup prepared pesto store bought or homemade
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded or sliced
- parmesan cheese
- Measure the warm water into a 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Sprinkle in the yeast and let stand until the yeast dissolves and swells, about 5 minutes. Add the room temperature water and oil and stir to combine.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Briefly combine the dry ingredients at low speed. Slowly add the liquid ingredients and continue to mix at low speed until a cohesive mass forms. Stop the mixer and replace the paddle with the dough hook. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Form the dough into a ball, put it in a deep oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1 ½ to 2 hours. Press the dough to deflate it.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Form both pieces of dough into smooth, round balls and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough relax for at least 10 minutes, but no more than 30 minutes.
- Working with one piece of dough and keeping the other covered, shape the dough and transfer to a pizza stone or baking pan dusted with flour or cornmeal. Top as desired.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic. Place the garlic heads in a baking pan (muffin pans work well for this purpose). Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Remove garlic gloves and smash with a fork. Spread roasted garlic over pizza dough. Do this to taste. I used almost the whole (small) bulb, but I LOVE roasted garlic. Spread the pesto on the pizza. Add the sliced, cooked chicken. Sprinkle with mozzarella (as much as desired, I used about one cup on each pizza). Top with fresh grated Parmesan.
- Bake on pizza stone or baking pan at 500 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
Calories: 595 kcal · Carbohydrates: 68 g · Protein: 28 g · Fat: 23 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 55 mg · Sodium: 1059 mg · Potassium: 302 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 1 g · Vitamin A: 680 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 240 mg · Iron: 4 mg
- Measuring cup
- Stand Mixer
- Large Bowl
- Plastic Wrap
- Pizza Stone
- Pizza Cutter