These are some of our Mom’s best cookies! The cookie bottom is moist and chewy, then we top it off with the best German Chocolate frosting.
This frosting is a family favorite and is really no fail! We’re lucky if the frosting makes it to the cookies – it’s so good that we eat it straight from the bowl.
German Chocolate Cake Cookies Recipe
The cookie bottom is moist and chewy, then we top it off with the best German Chocolate frosting.
- 15.25 ounces German Chocolate Cake mix
- ⅔ cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks beaten slightly
- ½ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup coconut
- 1 ¼ cups pecans chopped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips drizzled on top of cookies
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Let cool.
German Chocolate Frosting
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, margarine and vanilla together in a sauce pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until it comes to a slow boil. Cook, stirring constantly until it thickens - about 10 to 11 minutes (it must be cooked that long).
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans. Cool frosting before spreading on cookies.
- You can melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over top of frosting (optional).
This frosting recipe will also frost a 9 x 13 cake.
Calories: 257 kcal · Carbohydrates: 23 g · Protein: 3 g · Fat: 18 g · Saturated Fat: 7 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 41 mg · Sodium: 162 mg · Potassium: 148 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 16 g · Vitamin A: 162 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 56 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl