My kids always eat things when they come in smaller portions. These Chicken Parmesan Minis were a huge hit for my little ones and my husband! They tasted amazing with marinara sauce!
CHICKEN PARMESAN MINIS RECIPE
- 1 pound raw ground chicken
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ onion diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 mozzarella sticks each cut into 4 pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the topping, mix together the Italian bread crumbs, one tablespoon of the parmesan cheese, and one tablespoon of olive oil; set aside.
- In a bigger bowl, lightly beat the egg, and add chicken, red pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon heaping spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into a muffin tin. Place a cheese cube (one of the pieces of cheese stick) down in the center of the mixture. Put one more spoonful of chicken mixture on top, making sure the cheese is covered completely.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of each chicken mini.
- Put the muffin tin in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with marinara sauce under the minis or in a cup on the side.