My husband was asking for something other than our regular chicken. He was happy to come home to the smell of this! Not only was it easy… my husband voted it the best chicken I have ever made!
Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken Recipe
Not only was this Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken Recipe easy… my husband voted it the best chicken I have ever made!
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅙ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 bacon strips cooked and cut (I used turkey bacon)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Set Aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken all the way through in 2 Tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms with cooked bacon and 2 Tablespoons of green onions until tender. Remove and set aside. Add chicken breasts to skillet, top with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Keep on skillet until the cheese is melted.
- When cheese is melted remove from skillet, place on a plate. Spoon some Honey, mustard, and lemon juice sauce over the chicken. Top with the cooked mushrooms and bacon pieces.
- Add more raw green onions and sauce if you would like.
Calories: 566 kcal · Carbohydrates: 21 g · Protein: 39 g · Fat: 37 g · Saturated Fat: 13 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 127 mg · Sodium: 900 mg · Potassium: 723 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 19 g · Vitamin A: 309 IU · Vitamin C: 4 mg · Calcium: 233 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Large Skillet
Adapted from MIH
Questions & Reviews
Happy Valley Chow
Thanks so much for linking up!