When my husband and I were living in Logan, UT, he introduced me to the best made-from-scratch apple cider. They grew the apples right there in Logan, then juiced the apples right there on site. The cider was seriously amazing and I looked forward to it every fall (and even now I make trips up there specifically for that cider!).
These cupcakes have all the flavor of apple cider and are perfect for this time of year. If you use fresh apple cider, they taste even more amazing! Top them off with some apple cider frosting and you are good to go!
Apple Cider Cupcakes Recipe
These apple cider cupcakes are perfect for fall!
- 15.25 ounces Spice Cake Mix 1 box
- 1¼ cups apple cider
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup grated apple
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, apple cider, eggs, and oil and beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Fold in grated apples.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, filling each one about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, prepare frosting by mixing together softened butter and apple cider until completely combined. Add in powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix until smooth (add more or less powdered sugar, depending on how thick or thin you prefer your frosting).
- Frost the top of each cupcake and sprinkle with cinnamon as a garnish if you prefer.
Calories: 232 kcal · Carbohydrates: 35 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 10 g · Saturated Fat: 6 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 31 mg · Sodium: 191 mg · Potassium: 88 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 28 g · Vitamin A: 151 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 33 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Liners
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Medium Mixing Bowl
Questions & Reviews