I had been to Disneyland just a couple of years before so I was a little more prepared for this trip. Every time I go I learn more that helps make the next trip a little more smooth. Here are some of my tips for making Disneyland more enjoyable and much easier!
1. Plan ahead. Planning for our trip was so easy! Get Away Today helped us out with booking our trip! They are great to work with and helped find us the best deals! I actually did the research before we booked with them and they found cheaper deals than I could find by myself.
Of course, you have to splurge on their Gumbo Bread Bowls or a Dole Whip every once in a while!
5. Beat the crowds when eating in the park. If you do eat in the park (let’s be honest… the smells get to you!), do what you can to beat the mealtime rush. Aim to eat between 10:30 and 11 for lunch and 3:30 and 4:30 for dinner. You will most likely find a table and the less time you wait for food, the more time you have for rides! We would get our food and then eat it while we waited for a parade or show.
You can also have more than one Fast Pass at one time. Make sure that you get the World of Color Fast Pass in the morning so you can get a good place at night!
But they will let you in the park before it opens so you can get through security, get your tickets, and wait in the park until 10 am.
11. Save money on souvenirs: Disneyland can get expensive! (We all know it… and yet we still love it!) The souvenirs can be especially expensive. You can get Disney t-shirts for for a fraction of the price at stores in California like Old Navy, Children’s Place, and even WalMart. You can also buy the Disney Trading Pins online before you go so you can switch with them with employees. If you have a little princess at home, buy a princess dress before you leave to wear to the park to save some money.
12. Use the Baby Care Centers. If you are traveling with a baby or little ones, be sure to use the Baby Care Centers. They have nursing rooms with rocking chairs, changing tables, highchairs, microwaves to heat up bottles, room for little ones to relax and an on-site shop offering formula, baby food, diapers, and anything else you might need!
15. Take lots of pictures. In the park, you will see the photographers taking pictures of perfect spots around Disneyland and California Adventures. Don’t be afraid to ask if they will take your picture with your own camera. Every worker at Disneyland is so kind and they are all there to help you!
If you don’t want to carry around your camera in the park, the Disney PhotoPass Photographers will take pictures of your entire family for free! You can register online to view your photos and buy them individually. It is a great way to have your whole family in every picture!
I took most of my pictures with my phone. If you are the same… charge your phone before you leave because there are very few outlets in Disneyland. And let’s be honest… you don’t want to wait around for your phone to charge.
17. Grab a button. If you are celebrating a special occasion on your trip, make sure to stop by Guest Services (or a restaurant if the line is too long) and receive a button reflecting your celebration (i.e. birthday, first trip to Disney, anniversary, etc.). You may receive special treatment if you are wearing a button!18. Use the single rider line. Some of the most popular attractions have single rider lines. If you want to go on a ride but don’t want to stand in a long line, you can split up your party and use the single rider line! Because most of the rides in the park only seat two people, there is often an odd number in a party and they use a “single rider” to fill the empty spot! The entrance for the single rider line is next to the normal entrance and is a much shorter line!
20. Plan Accordingly. Check the park schedule so you don’t miss a beat! There are many shows, parades, fireworks, meet and greets. These are what make your trip so magical!
There are also so many wonderful rides at Disneyland and California Adventure but instead of bouncing to your favorite rides and walking all over the park, try and stay in one land at a time. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
And if you are looking to score a the BEST DEAL on your next Disneyland Trip, be sure to check out the deals we have with our partner, GetAway Today!
Questions & Reviews
Comments are closed.