Easy Cake Batter Truffles

As you have learned by now, my family loves all things cake batter. We have made our Cake Batter Buddies at least a dozen times and still can't get enough of them!
Don't be fooled by the name- there are no eggs in this! It's safe to eat!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OYRsIenWe1E/T2yz6RZ6UgI/AAAAAAAAD_o/ieXRTgi6nIg/s400/cake+batter+truffles.jpg(and it's delicious!).
Even better- these truffles require no baking! They are quick, easy, and make an amazing treat that people will devour!

Easy Cake Batter Truffles
Recipe source: The Girl Who Ate Everything

1 ½ cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
3-4 Tablespoons milk
2 Tablespoons sprinkles
Truffle Coating:
16 ounces (8 squares) almond bark (or white candy melts)
4 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
Sprinkles

Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.

While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals. Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely. Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl. Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 24-30 truffles.

Linking up here, here and here!

• Renee says:

I made these yesterday, and took them out of the refrigerator too soon apparently because they all cracked from expansion. Tasted good though.

1. SusaGail says:

Is it safe to eat unbaked flour and cake mix? In all the baking I’ve done over the years, I can’ think of one recipe where flour was used and not baked. Please clarify.

2. betharooney says:

this recipe is amazing!! I used funfetti cake mix the second time I made them and they were just as delicious and I didn’t have to mix in sprinkles by hand. thanks for posting this!

3. Barb says:

I’ve read before that it is not safe to eat uncooked flour something about parasites that could be in it or something that the heat kills. Maybe you could microwave it a bit to be on safe side.

4. mandkrouse says:

Just made these – and they are DELICIOUS!!
    Thanks for the great recipe; our oven is broken & my husband’s birthday is this weekend….this was a great cake alternative :)

• Camille says:

I think that using any flavor of cake mix would be fine! However, I don’t know about using powdered sugar in place of the flour and white sugar . . . it might not work quite the same. Let us know if you try it!

5. Renu Prasad says:

Can you plz tell me how safe it is to eat flour n yellow cake mix without cooking. I’ve 8yr old who reacts to most of the food. Than i’ve a 3yr old who reacts to some food. BUT i really like most of the recipes @ this site. Today is the 1st time i’ve come to this site. I love to make Mickey Oreo treat but it sounds too sweet as schools have restrictions. I want to make something for my son’s class for Thanksgiving. Thanking you, really appreciate your recipes.

• Cyd says:

We do not have any reactions to any of these ingredients, so we have never had a problem with this recipe. You would need to decide if flour and yellow cake mix will be hard on your kids. We have taken the Mickey oreo treats for class parties and they are always a huge hit! Hope this helps and best of luck with a Thanksgiving treat for your son’s class!