- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Truffle Coating:
- 16 ounces (8 squares) almond bark (or white candy melts)
- 4 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
- Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined.
- Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency.
- Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir between intervals.
- Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely.
- Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl.
- Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles.
- Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
- Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving.
You might also enjoy these other truffle recipes:
Recipe source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
We’ve put together 50 of our favorite family recipes to make dinnertime a breeze!
You can get this eCookbook for just $4.99 (that’s less than ten cents a recipe)!
Get it HERE!