(I included the directions for using a brownie mix at the bottom)
York Peppermint Patty Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 3¾ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ almond extract
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips optional
- 24 small York Peppermint Patties (one small bag should have 24, however I was ripped off and mine only had 23)
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate in a pan over low heat, stirring often. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and almond extract for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture and flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the batter into the buttered pan. If you are using a kitchen scale, that is about 32 oz.
- Unwrap your peppermint patties and line them up over the top of the bottom layer of batter.
- Cover the patties with the second half of the batter.
- Bake at 425 for 22 minutes.
- Cool and then refrigerate at least 6 hours. Enjoy!
This could also be made with a boxed brownie mix. Follow the instructions on the box to make the brownies and substitute the batter for the homemade brownie batter.
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowl
**If you want thicker brownies, bake in a 9×9″ baking dish. You will have to bake them in the oven for a longer amount of time, but they will still be delicious!
Recipe adapted from Eat at Allie’s