Have you ever tried St. Louis Style Ribs? They are a bit thicker which means more meat! Just make sure you cook them long and with a lower temperature.
Serves: 8 people
St. Louis Style BBQ Ribs Recipe
Delicious St. Louis Style BBQ Ribs - meatier and and cooked low and slow
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds St. Louis style ribs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, whisk together water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sugar, maple syrup, salt, chili powder, onion powder, dry mustard, paprika, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for about 15 minute stirring occasionally.
- Simmer uncovered to get to reach desired thickness.
- Cut ribs into individual servings.
- Place ribs in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes bone side up.
- Drain the grease off the ribs.
- Pour prepared sauce over ribs.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting the ribs 2-3 times during final stage.
Calories: 378 kcal · Carbohydrates: 24 g · Protein: 29 g · Fat: 18 g · Saturated Fat: 4 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 109 mg · Sodium: 1066 mg · Potassium: 696 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 20 g · Vitamin A: 269 IU · Vitamin C: 4 mg · Calcium: 65 mg · Iron: 2 mg