Happy Memorial Day! I first want to start by thanking all those who fought and are fighting for our country. We wouldn’t be called the Land of the Free without you. Thank-you for all you do!
A lot of people get together with family and not only to remember, but celebrate this day. I know how stressful planning the BBQ is so I have a solution for those who don’t have a BBQ treat yet.
These peanut butter rice Krispies Treats are super fast and taste amazing! My mom made these all the time when we were little. Being away from family I always get a little home sick – especially on holidays. But making these made it feel like my Mom had been cooking in my kitchen!
I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day! And take a moment to remember all those who have sacrificed so much.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
A delicious no bake dessert that can be ready in a short time. The whole family will love them.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter or chunky
- 5 ½ cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cook the sugar and Karo syrup together until it boils.
- Then remove from heat. Add the peanut butter and stir til well blended. Then add your rice Krispies. (You'll want to use a BIG bowl). Stir in and press into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt and spread on top- 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1 cup butterscotch chips. I just melt them in my glass measuring cup in the microwave. Don't over melt them or it will seize.
Calories: 219 kcal · Carbohydrates: 34 g · Protein: 4 g · Fat: 9 g · Saturated Fat: 2 g · Cholesterol: 1 mg · Sodium: 144 mg · Potassium: 113 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 27 g · Vitamin A: 434 IU · Vitamin C: 4 mg · Calcium: 9 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan