Remember this Dulce De Leche Bundt Cake? It’s kind of a delicious life-changing dessert. Well, the other day when I was walking past a bakery here in downtown LA and saw through the window some delicious Dulce De Leche CUPCAKES. I couldn’t justify paying $5 for a cupcake when I knew I could make some myself, so I went home and starting playing around in the kitchen, and these cupcakes were born. And I may or may not have eaten 4 in one sitting! 🙂 #pregnancyproblems
Dulce De Leche Cupcakes Recipe
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup dulce de leche warmed
- 15.25 ounces butter pecan cake mix (or caramel cake mix), 1 box
- 2 cups butter softened to room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 13.4 ounces dulce de leche 1 can
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- ¼ cup dulce de leche for topping, (optional)
- ¼ cup toffee bits (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, oil, sour cream, milk, vanilla and dulce de leche.
- Add in the cake mix and stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full, then bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Whip the butter on high for 4-5 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in the powdered sugar (you can add more or less depending on how thick you want your frosting).
- Once the powdered sugar is all incorporated, add in the can of dulce de leche and vanilla.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and whip until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Top cupcakes with frosting.
- Large Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Cupcake Liners
- Cupcake Baking Tin
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer