My Mother in law makes a mean salmon. I love eating at her house when all the family is in town because she usually buys a huge slab of salmon from Costco. (if you are wondering, they have amazing salmon for a pretty good price) – You can also find fresh salmon at your local grocery store which will still tastes delicious.
You can either use a 9 x 13 pan or even a cookie sheet to cook your salmon.
I also got the idea to cook all of my veggies with my salmon from my dear friend Sarah who blogs at Mom Endeavors – Her idea will make meal time SO much easier!
- 1 large salmon filet
- 1 bag of frozen brussel sprouts
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Garlic salt, salt and pepper, fish seasoning
- Place the salmon skin side down in the middle of the pan.
- My trick for cooking brussel sprouts is to buy them frozen the in ready to steam bag. Cook them as directed on the package. Once they are cooked put them on one side of the salmon. Place the raw asparagus on the other side of the of the salmon.
- Drizzle olive oil over both vegetables and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Sprinkle your salmon with salt, pepper, garlic salt, and fish seasoning. (my favorite seasoning for my fish is called Jonny's Lemon Dill)
- Cut your butter into small chunks and place it all on top of your salmon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (or until salmon is cooked through - check the thickest spot)
- Now you have salmon, and two veggies for dinner! So yummy and good for you!