When we were small, my Mom would make a huge meal every Sunday. With my husband in medical school, we don’t see much of him through the week. I have a hard time slaving away every Sunday when I could be playing with my family. So lately we have been having a lot of grilled cheese. I have made many grilled cheese sandwiches these last few months but this one is by far my favorite!
World's Best Grilled Cheese Recipe
I have made many grilled cheese sandwiches in my day, but this one is by far my favorite!
- 8 slices thick sourdough cheesy bread
- 12 slices bacon cooked until crispy
- 2 avocados sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Heat grill to 300 degrees.
- To assemble your grilled cheese, take two slices of bread and spread 1/2 Tablespoon of butter on one side of the bread. Lay it on the grill butter side down. Quickly add cheese, avocado, bacon, and then more cheese on top. Lay another piece of bread on the top and spread another 1/2 Tablespoon of butter on the top of the bread.
- When the one side is starting to brown, flip it over and cook the other side. Make sure the cheese is melted inside of the sandwich.
- Slice in half and serve warm.
Calories: 772 kcal · Carbohydrates: 81 g · Protein: 24 g · Fat: 41 g · Saturated Fat: 17 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 63 mg · Sodium: 944 mg · Potassium: 682 mg · Fiber: 10 g · Sugar: 4 g · Vitamin A: 780 IU · Vitamin C: 10 mg · Calcium: 275 mg · Iron: 5 mg
- Grill or Griddle
Adapted from Table For Two