We love how easy this Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake is and the family devoured it. This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a crowd. We used precooked grilled chicken strips and they were delicious. You could even use a rotisserie chicken. Add this favorite to your meal rotation.
Pesto Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
- 8 ounces pasta I used mostaccioli
- 10 ounces diced chicken I used precooked grilled chicken strips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Cook pasta according to package directions. If using precooked chicken, thaw and diced into small pieces. If using raw chicken cook thoroughly and dice.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, pesto, whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked pasta and cooked chicken to the cheese mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a greased 9 x 9 casserole baking dish.
- Combine melted butter and dry bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.