Some of the best cake I have ever had is Camille’s Rich and Moist Zucchini Cake. I have been waiting for zucchini season to come around just to have an excuse to make it again! I came across a recipe for zucchini brownies and knew I had to try it!
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies Recipe
- 2 cups raw zucchini chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender, puree zucchini, oil, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Pour batter into greased pan, spread evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Frost while still warm.
- Combine chocolate chips, evaporated milk, butter and vanilla in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-40 seconds. Remove bowl from the microwave and whisk until chocolate chips are melted and your frosting is smooth. Add powdered sugar and whisk together until smooth. Spread your frosting evenly over your warm brownies. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.