Traditional American Macaroni Salad Recipe
The perfect side dish for your summer BBQ - traditional American macaroni salad. Creamy, easy, and delicious.
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni cooked, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup diced vine ripened tomato optional
- ½ cup prepared mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon dried mustard
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl combine the macaroni, celery, onion, parsley and tomato.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, sour cream and salt.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Store covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg